[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids radio report 47N 14E

Didnīt see reports from the Leonids so far, my providers e-mail server may
have been down again. Anyway here is my short report:

Got the radio meteor recordings O.K. on 3 channels via forward scatter. Have
good data until 8:30 UT on Nov. 17. Both of the last 2 hours of this period
showed 12 long lasting reflections (=fireballs) with *exactly* the same
"hear and feel" as the ongoing peak in 1995 and in 1996, so the peak may be
from 6-15h UT, best seen from American timezones. Nothing special observed
from the shorter reflections until 8:30 UT.

Regards, Werfried Kuneth, Austria 47N 14E