[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) November 16/17 Summary, GRALE (Lew Gramer)

We had a short scare last night, as low snowy-looking clouds rolled in just
after twilight. But by 23:45 EST, as the Leonid radiant was rising, all clouds
disappeared and the clear moonlight bathed our darkened observing site!

I observed for Teff ~= 4.5 between 05:05 and 10:45

Ambient temperature for the night dropped from 21oF to 16oF, in a light
variable wind. Other hearty souls present for all or part of the '97 Boston
Leonid Watch included Steve Mock, John Reed, Mike Aramini, and Karen Simmons.
No skunks were in evidence, and the moonlight glittering on the ground snow was
enchanting.

Formal report to follow - tonight if it's cloudy, tomorrow if the weatherman is
right and it CLEARS again!