[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) WELCOME! (Sudden rush of new subscribers)

Recently, the 'meteorobs' list has attracted a major burst of new subscribers,
so that our rolls now stand at 210. Welcome to all new subscribers! The major
meteor shower known as the "Leonids" has just reached its maximum of activity
today, so things will quiet down on the list in a few days: in the mean time,
though, don't be daunted by the flood of observing reports and advanced-seeming
analyses coming in for this shower!

Relax, enjoy the flow of conversation on the list, and when each of you feels a
little more comfortable, try sending us a self-introduction: who you are, where
you live, and something about where you're at in meteor astronomy (if you are
new to general astronomy, if you're a well-versed amateur with no specific
experience in meteors, if you're a long-time meteor observer - whatever!)

Any questions on list policy should be forwarded to the list admin (me - at the
address below). Any questions on meteors should be sent to the list, at:
	meteorobs@latrade.com

Clear skies, and many meteors!
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@latrade.com>