[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) FWD: Picture Inquiry

------- Forwarded Message
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:36:57 -0600
To: ams@latrade.com
From: richardson@digitalexp.com (Jim Richardson)
Subject: (ams) Request from a book editor (South Korea)
Cc: meisel@uno.cc.geneseodot edu

Respond to this as you like folks....

------- [Forwarded Forwarded Message]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 19:41:26 +0900
From: Woojeong Joo <wjjoo@plaza.snu.ac.kr>
To: richardson@digitalexp.com
Subject: Picture Inquiery

Date	17 NOV 1997
From	Woojung Joo
	WoongJin Publishing Co.
	112-2 Inidong Jongrogu Seoul 110-410 KOREA
	Tel	 82-2-3670-1379
	Fax	 82-2-3670-1480
	e-mail wjjoo@plaza.snu.ac.kr

Dear sir,

This is South Korea and I'm an editor at WoongJin Publishing Co. in
Seoul. Very glad to contact you.

I am preparing for "Adventures in Science for Children" series. It consists of
20 books and includes such titles as 'The Solar System', 'The Universe and The
Galaxy', 'Deserts', 'Rain Forests' and so on. I especially take part in the
book titled "Comets and Meteors".

The series will be completed in next February. We are now in preparation of
pictures to be included. Design and pressing work will be followed in November.
It will be published only in South Korea and we do not have any schedule to
publish abroad. The print run will be about 10,000.

I send you a list of photographs I am searching. If you have ANY of the
pictures, please let me know. You can fax or e-mail me. It wouldn't be better
if you can directly send me transparencies or prints. In case that you don't
have those pictures but know where I can find them, please inform me of
detailed information to contact them. And also, tell me your price policy.

Thank you.

Looking forward to your reply,

Woojung Joo

1) Old drawings or pictures regarding comets or meteors (s.a. Leonids
meteor shower in 1833)
2) Comet Encke
3) Comet Levi (discovered in 1990)
4) Comet Swift-Tuttle
5) Splitted nucleus of comets (Comet West and Ikeya-Seki)
6) Comet's origin (imaginary illustration)
7) Changes of meteor trails (sequential photos are needed)
8) Meteor Shower (Perseids, Quadrantids, Geminids, and Leonids. And lots
more)
9) Fireball (a very bright meteorite)
10) Stony meteorite (chondrite and achondrite)
11) Iron meteorite
12) Stony-iron meteorite
11) Disasters in Tunguska, Siberia, Russia (in 1908)

------- [End of Forwarded Forwarded Message]

James Richardson
Graceville, Florida
richardson@digitalexp.com

Operations Manager / Radiometeor Project Coordinator
American Meteor Society (AMS)
http://www.serve.com/meteors/
------- End of Forwarded Message