[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Nov 17/18 summary, GRALE (Lew Gramer)

Wayne Hally asked:
> Have you thawed out yet?

Last night was MISERY! Set the alarm for 12:30 - and the sky seemed pristine.
Went out and set up, and (in spite of the little blobs swimming around my tired
eyes), started observing at 0622UT. LM was about 5.2, and I didn't see ANYTHING
for a half hour. Finally, on my second LM count, I realized why: ice haze (or
high cirrus) had crept in, and my LM was now 4.something-low. Ugh!

Checked the sky twice more during the night, without success. Then I woke up
this morning to a head full of concrete...Well, I'm planning on trying again
from the DARK site tonight. Wayne, did you get any data for last night?

Lew