[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Palm Springs Leonids 11/16-17/98

At 06:24 AM 11/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello everybody...Kinda new to all this...Don't plot, and didn't count....
>I live in Laguna Hills, Ca....and drove out to a "Dark" Place I know near
>Palm Springs, Ca.

Hi, Don, and thanks for the great vignette: I love getting family/friends
out during major shower peaks. However, it can be pretty distracting too,
if you're not careful! Luckily though, by the time I'm gathering real data
(say after midnight), all the "civilians" are usually fast asleep... :)

Are you interested in logging data for some of the major(!) showers this
Winter (Geminids in December and Quadrantids after New Years)? If so, get
in contact with myself or Mark Davis <MeteorObs@Charlestondot net>, to find
out more about how you can make your sessions both fun AND useful for later
analysis...

It adds a thrill to know that you're actually "gathering usable
intelligence" on the streams of matter Earth hurtles through each year. And
it can impress your friends with how serious you are, too. ;>

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer