[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Down and out

At 09:12 PM 11/18/97 -0500, you wrote:

>In a message dated 11/18/97 2:23:27 PM, you wrote:
>
><<Have tried to seed this note many times but,
>aol says cannot send mail.
>Does anyone else have problems like this?
>>>

>Yes, I tried for 2 hours this AM..

I don't have AOL for my server...but I, too, found I was unable to send
messages for several hours this morning (and they were not directed to
somebody with an AOL address, either)! On the other hand, I could RECEIVE
just fine. Was hoping like mad I hadn't messed up my modem settings again.
Didn't get any warning message; my mailer simply timed out while trying to
send stuff. I also could not access any web sites with Netscape; it looked
for all the world as if something was broke right here.

SteveH
Shrewsbury MA