[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Weather, what can you do???

<< I had got up at 4:37 am est to go out and observe for 1 hour. Had
 everything preprared the night before, the warm wooly's , hat, mitts
 etc, and I am all excited to go out, I check out the upstairs window,
 and see nothing, no stars nothing. I thought, dirty windows or my
 fuzzy eyeballs.

 Went outside, and its clouded over again, I  don't believe this. It
 was so clear last night. I observed , Venus and Jupiter before the
 moon rose, naked eye. Then around 10:30 pm went out and looked at
 Orion, Auriga, Cassiopia, naked eye, and it was clear, cool, even
 with lots of moonlight. >>

Don't feel bad Kim, my impatience got the better of me and I missed out.  I
got to our observing site around 11:45 PM local  to a completely clouded over
sky. The wind was unbelieveable as the clouds were flying thru the sky. The
sky partially cleared for a minute to be followed by complete overcast, again
and again..
Wayne showed up about 12:15 local and proceeds to set up. I told him he was
out of his mind by setting up. He ignored me and he ended up being right [I
hate when that happens]. I ended up leaving at 1:15 am local, the skies still
cloudy. I was told the next day the sky completely cleared at 1:45 and lasted
until after 4 am.   AAARRRGGHHH

At least I got out for 2 hrs. of teff last nite [Monday] and my report should
be finished later on tonite. On to the Ursids.

Kevin