[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) AMS Project Proposal Form

Jim,

Good luck with the AMS pro-am awards.  One obvious proposal is to have
more video systems operating around the globe during the next few
years Leonid displays.  It would also be good to gather video data to
follow up Peter Jenniskens's predictions of possible outburst showers.

> Attached you should also find an ASCII text file, named ams_prop.txt, which
> contains the entire project sponsorship proposal form to be submitted, in
> addition to these guidelines.

Yes we should, however, it is in some MAC format.  I've recently
noticed quite a few attachments in a variety of PC formats in
meteorobs.  These are not readable on my UNIX systems.  So I humbly
request that unless it's essential to be typeset in some form, please
try to stay with text files.  Even typeset, it would help to be in a
standard format like PostScript.

Of course, it was cloudy in Edinburgh during the Leonids, and put paid
to my plans of a spot of visual(!) observing.  My telescope is still
in southern England following my recent change of job.  Glad that some
meteorobs contributors fared better.  Don't think I like the sound of
the volcanic haze in Hawaii.  I'm hoping to get lots of observing done
there during my stay.  Is the haze common Jim B?

Malcolm