[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) NAMN Campaign: Chi Orionids

NAMN CALL FOR OBSERVATION: CHI ORIONIDS

With the efforts of our observers during the Leonid campaign still fresh in
our minds, I would like to urge all members to begin preparing for the next
campaign. To kick the start of December off, we have the Chi Orionids (XOR)
reaching their maximum on Tuesday, December 2.

This shower is active during the period of November 26 to December 15 and
produces a ZHR of around 3, qualifying this stream as a "minor" shower. With
a new moon on November 30th, this year provides a great opportunity to see
what this shower offers. The radiant of the Chi Orionids is conveniently
placed for long observing periods. At their peak, the radiant is located at
05h28m RA, +23 degrees DEC.