[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) FWD: Green Fireball (for Peter Detterline)

To: meteorobs@latrade.com
From: Peter Detterline <jeplanet@ptddot net>
Subject: Green Fireball

Hi Everyone,

The green fireball that occurred November 17th at 8:45 EST was also viewed
as far south as Boyertown, Pennsylvania.  Boyertown is located in the
southeastern part of the state near Allentown and Reading.  I had my
astronomy students out to watch the Leonid meteor shower that evening, and
we witnessed the event.  I observed it out of the corner of my eye as a
bright light that caught my attention. I turned and still was able to
follow
it for a good 3 seconds.  Here is our data:

Observer: Peter Detterline (students from Astronomy Classes)
Color: Green (some students reported greenish-blue, one student reported a
bit        of white with the green.)