[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Re: Leonid Storm Peeks over US West Coast (fwd)

1.  If you have a directional antenna you can localize the
reflection.  Suggest a Wolen-Webber Elephant Cage
Setup if you are rich.  If you have crossing paths you
can estimate the distance.
2.  I may have said this before, that if you look at +_ 50 Hz
you can actually see the bow shocks going through the
ionosphere.  You can also hear them if you notch and
ignore the carrier.  If you difference the + and - 50 Hz
you can tell if the shock is approaching, crossing, or departing the hop structure.
3.  Note my address has changed since I last talked to you...