[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Russian booster

Hi Lew et al!

Am completely bogged down here by studies, but thought I'd sent a brief
reply on this one.

Lew wrote:
>Howdy, Brent, and thanks for writing!...  from what you described I'd say
there
>are maybe two possibilities:
>1) you saw the reentry of the Russian booster (which was widely reported).
>2) you saw a fairly bright satellite group pass over.

> The only thing which contradicts
>this is your statement that you saw it heading East - but how sure are you of
>that direction?

>On (2), you don't mention how bright the object seemed ... maybe just as
bright as the evening... If the latter, it might well have been the space
station Mir, or one of the...

I have had the TV on low in the background while I've been studying here in
recent weeks... or has it been decades??;>>

The Canadian weather tv station had a <lot> of reports on this.  Some
professor at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver saw it, and they had a
complete audio report from him on the TV....  He also said it was going
<<east>>.  I expect the Vancouver newspapers were full of stuff on this.
The Canadian news reported it as a Russian booster.

Just thought I'd forward this info....

I will be at the IRC on Monday... have a month of work to do between now and
then! ;>>

Clear skies to all!

- Cathy
  Great White North