[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) A few more Leonids

>>Hi Jim - I thought I would give you a tally of what my students saw in
class
>>from the shower:
>>13:30-13:50	1
>>13:30-14:40	9
>>13:00-15:30	18

GeoZay>Are these combined tallys from the students? About how many students
were
>involved if so? For those who aren't aware...combined observations from
>individuals is a no-no for scientifically useful meteor data.<<

>>I guess it should be pretty obvious to the rest of us that these are NOT
combined tallies, since some of these counts have coincident start and/or
end times...<<

Well Lew..dot it isn't pretty obvious that these were NOT combined tallies. The
teacher mentioned it was from her CLASS. Unless there are only three students
in the class, it would become obvious. But the number of students in the
class was not  mentioned. Most classes in school usually have more than three
students. What is most likely obvious is that there were three groups that
combined their tally's. But again, the number of students in the class is not
mentioned. The teacher might have had only three students? I still find it
NOT obvious that these were NOT combined tallies.
George Zay