[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Radio Meteors

Attn: Steve Harrison and all,

Steve, you have seen the remarkable similarity in our LEO forward scatter
observations, even though our observing stations are spread from the
Florida panhandle through New Mexico to the Central California shore.

I am interested in what your 144 MHz forward scatter experience was on NOV
17 from 1000 to 1400 UT. This period of intense meteor activity should have
provided many good contacts between Mass. and Kentucky.

I am probably trying to understand the obvious, but this event seems to
demonstrate to me that this meteor stream had a characteristic commonality
that was unexpectedly spread over a large geographic area.

Your comments will be appreciated,

Will Kelsey
Santa Maria, CA