[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Sky & Tel Leonid Report

>>According
to S&T contributor Stephen O'Meara, who was observing from the slope of
Hawaii's Mauna Loa, there were several instances when the fireballs came in
clusters of four or five. The brightest meteor, he reports, was magnitude -4
(as bright as Venus), and exploded with a brilliant white flash and left
a train that lasted more than 5 minutes despite the moonlight. His maximum
rate was between 13 and 14 hours Universal Time when he observed 41
meteors.<<

I wonder what Stephen's LM was? I've often heard that Stephen manages to get
LM's in the mid 7's quite easily from Mauna Loa? Anyhow, If he has an LM
anywhere near 5.7 and 6.0, I wouldn't think that 41 leonids would be much of
an improvement over what Bob and others seen along the west coast an hour or
two earlier?
George Zay