[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Summary, Nov 24/25 (DAVMA)

With the Thanksgiving holiday approaching and with my leave approved, I
decided to get some early evening observing in since I will be "grounded"
over the weekend due to family commitments. Plus it was also a good
opportunity to try out a new observing site, which is actually only about
1/2 mile from my old site. This new site is completely within the Francis
Marion National Forest, and has the Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge, as
well as the Atlantic Ocean to the east. But anyway....meteor activity was
slow. I watched for any 'late' Taurids and 'early' Chi Orionids, but
recorded none.

I observed 8 sporadics in about 2 hours, under LM=5.8, F=1.00 skies. During
the first hour I only recorded 3 meteors, but they were magnitude 0, 0 and
+1. So even though rates were low, there was activity to monitor. A full
report will be sent to Rainer et al. as usual.

It's clear here now, so I am heading out the door for another round......

Mark Davis