[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Summary: Nov 25/26 (DAVMA)

I returned to my new site in the National Forest, and observed for about
three hours under F=1.00 skies. The limiting magnitude varied between 5.8
and 6.0. Facing southeast, I observed a total of 12 meteors.

According to the "Working List of Meteor Streams" published by IMO, the
activity of the Taurids (NTA and STA) and Alpha Monocerotids (AMO) all end
on Nov 25. Therefore I was concentrating on the Chi Orionids, which the IMO
lists as being active until December 15. Unfortunately, they weren't very
active for me since I only saw one during this session.....

My next observing session will not be until this coming Sunday. I hope
everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Clear skies,

Mark Davis