[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) New Meteor Observer

Hi!  My name is Sandra Macika.  I just joined the meteorobs group, so I
thought I would introduce myself.  I live in California and have been
interested in astronomy and meteors since I was in high school.  I've
been on my own with my hobby until this past summer.

I went to the Summer visitor program that was held here at Lick
Observatory in July.  Some amateur astronomers were set up in the back
and one invited me to go observing with The Astronomy Connection (TAC).
From there I got on an email list which is where I heard that Dr. Peter
Jenniskins needed help with the Perseids meteor campaign.

This year I have done formal meteor observing for the Perseids, 103P
Hartley 2, and Leonids for Dr. Peter.  Attached is my report for the
Leonids.  It is quite similar to Bob's since we were observing together.

Nice to meet you!