[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Summary: Nov 25/26 (DAVMA)

Mark Davis wrote:

>According to the "Working List of Meteor Streams" published by IMO,
>the activity of the Taurids (NTA and STA) and Alpha Monocerotids
>(AMO) all end on Nov 25. Therefore I was concentrating on the Chi
>Orionids, which the IMO lists as being active until December 15.
>Unfortunately, they weren't very active for me since I only saw one
>during this session.....

For those who might misunderstand this: The radiant positions of Taurids
and chi-Orionids on November 25 are just a few degrees apart. The XORs are
merely the continuation of the Taurids, that is the continuation of
ecliptical activity.

Rainer

Visual Commission
International Meteor Organization