[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Beginners

At 05:06 PM 11/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I am an amateur astronomer and am looking for information on observing
>meteors.  Can anyone help me?

Hi John,

You might want to consider joining the North American Meteor Network (NAMN)
as a place to start. NAMN was created in 1995 to coordinate meteor
observations. It soon began a program of recruiting and training new observers.

The NAMN has no dues and operates as an informal group of observers.
Introductory information on meteor observing is contained in the NAMN Guide.
It is written in ASCII Text and is about 55 printed pages in length. The
Guide contains all the information needed to get started observing meteors
with NAMN, and includes reporting forms that can be submitted
electronically. If you would like a copy, email me at the address below.

I look forward to your participation in our meteor watches and welcome any
questions you may have about the Network or our methods of observing.

Clear Skies!

Mark Davis, MeteorObs@charlestondot net
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, USA
Coordinator, North American Meteor Network
NAMN home page:
http://medicine.wustldot edu/~kronkg/namn.html