[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Dec. 11 Meteor Observations

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

I watched for another 2 hours 10 minutes this morning taking advantage
of the crystal clear urban skies and the 2 hours window of darkness. The
Geminids were much more active this morning as 10 of the 19 meteors seen
were Geminids. It was surprising after yesterday's strong showing that
the Sigma Hydrids were totally absent. The highlight of the night was a
long, slow Chi Orionid at magnitude -1 with a distinct yellow color. It
also happen to bee the last meteor seen as it occurred at 13:29. The
temperature actually rose during the session as the wind picked up
toward dawn.

1120-1223 UT   1.00   5.63   8 GEM    3 SPO   11 TOTAL

1223-1330 UT   1.08   5.69   1 COM   2 GEM   1 XOR   4 SPO   8 TOTAL

The data includes: Universal Time for each block of time, the actual
fraction of time spent observing, the average Limiting Magnitude during
each block of time, and the shower activity seen. COM = Coma Berenicid,
GEM = Geminid, XOR = Chi Orionid, SPO = Sporadic (random meteor).

The sky was clear during the entire session. There were no obstructions
and no breaks were taken. Time was lost due to plotting.  I was facing
south at an altitude of 60 degrees during this session.

Beginning Temperature/Relative Humidity:   36 F (2 C)   47%

Ending Temperature/Relative Humidity:   40 F (4 C)  44%

Bob Lunsford