[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Steel -- the "star metal"?

Lew,

You are probaly correct on the Bronze versus Copper Age.  I was recalling all
this from memory and I learnt my Ancient History  when it wasn't so Ancient.
The point I was alluding to was that a few ancients civilizations were aware of
the celestial origin of their iron.  Besides if your some poor Egyptian grunt
fighting the Hittite horde, does it matter if your sword is copper or bronze
when his is iron?  If the meteors were considered star-dung, would that not make
Earth a celestial septic tank, so to speak?  Wonderd what they thought of
Barringer Crater.

Paul