[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Flt 800

Meteor freinds:

Following is my article in the Kansas City Star dated December 11, 1997. I
have been trying for 6 months to get some kind of a story out about the meteor
and Flt 800. They cut some of the comments & changed a few words. The title
was made up by the Kansas City Star. I know what a meteor is, but
unfortunately much of the public does not. The Washington Times (DC) of Dec.
11, 1997 also had an article about the meteor and Flt 800.

As a result of my article I received a call from retired engineer who lives
out on a farm near Kansas City. They heard a "swosh" and looked up just in
time to see a column of water shoot up at least 8 feet high. They figured it
was meteorite. It landed in about 4 or 5 feet of water.
He wondered what his chances would be to get it out. That is how deep would it
bury its self in the muddy bottom? Can anyboby get me a idea.
I wouild appreciate any ideas.  Lloyd.

                             Was is a meteor?
The story of TWA’s Flight 800 is still classed as a mystery in the eyes of the
public.

The FBI concluded that a missile or bomb was not involved, yet
over 100 witnesses saw a streak of light in the sky. Many saw  the streak pf
light just before they saw the fireball (aircraft burning) in the sky.

For over one year, some scientists and computer experts have been analyzing
this streak of light.. They have calculated the streak of light to be a meteor
because of its size, speed and it’s flight path and calculatedf that it
intersected Flt. 800’s flight path.

James Hall, Chairman of NTSB testified before Congress that, “a fragment from
a meteorite” could have hit the aircraft.

When meteors enter the Earth’s atmosphere, the speed is many thousands of
miles per hour, and they explode into many pieces when they hit the denser
air. They also create very strong sonic booms. These sonic booms alone are
powerful enough to severely damage an aircraft.

A meteorite downing an aircraft may incomprehensible to many; however, it
should not be discounted.

Lloyd Mielke   Kansas City, MO

saw a meteorite hit their farm pond in about 1986 he heard the swosh and saw
the water shoot into the air over 8 ft.
pond was 4 or 5 ft deep