[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids Dec. 13/14

   On the morning of December 13/14 it was clear and cold in Greenbelt,
Maryland, and I was able to get a couple hours of meteor observing in.
From 5:15 to 7:15 UT, despite the Full Moon, I was able to see 42 Geminids,
2 chi Orionids, 2 sigma Hydrids, 1 Monocerotid, 1 Coma Berenicid, and 7
sporadics. The average LM was about 4.7 the first hour and 4.6 the second.
The avearge Geminid was 1.5 magn. Although no negative magnitudes were
seen, a dozen reached 0 magn. It was good, but the Leonids were better.
IMHO, the Leonids were the best meteor shower this year.

GWG