[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) PROCEDURE FOR REPORTING LIST PROBLEMS

   We had a good clear night in Greenbelt, Maryland for the Geminid max.
Despite the Full Moon, I saw 42 Geminids, 2 Sigma Hydrids, 2 Chi Orionids,
1 Monocerotid, 1 Coma Berenicid, and 7 sporadics between 5:15 and 7:15 UT.
My average LM was about 4.7 magn. The average GEM was about 1.5 magn.

   Although the Geminids were good despite the Full Moon, I thought that the
Leonids were the best shower this year from here! They beat the Geminids and
Perseids for the title of "best meteor shower of 1996". Unless, of course,
there is an outburst for the Ursids.

GWG