[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Another Book endorsement (was: FWD RE: (meteorobs) Rocks, not metal.)

<< Kevin, Thanks for the info regarding those meteorites--the Tent, woman, and
 Dog.  This is the kind of information that interests me as it ties the
 earliest use of iron to meteorites.  It seems that any kind of
 "metallurgical refining" through the atmosphere is unnecessary if "native"
 iron (i.e, nearly pure metal--not in the oxide form) meteorites are found.

Glad I could help. That story came from the book "Dinosaurs in the Attic". Its
a 'behind the scenes' book of the Museum of Natural History in NYC. Author:
Douglas Preston, Publisher: St Martin's Press.

Kevin