[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Meteorite over Greenland 091297- English. (fwd)

<< As far as I can judge now, this must have been a fireball near -15,
 perhaps with sonic boom and terminal fragmentation. This could mean that
 some meteorite fragments can have survived. Yet, in honesty, it is
 becoming clear now I think that this is NOT a very large impact, but
 rather a possible meteorite impact of average size. >>

At this point in time I would have to agree, for it is said that the object
that created the Barringer crater was "only" the size of a subway car and it
left a crater that was about 4000ft wide and 600 ft. deep. So if something did
impact that was a "modest" size or better there would be ample evidence
despite the reported snowfall. But, we'll have to see...  :)

Kevin