[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Flt 800

 Lloyd>> The 10-20 second duration was the "dark fall" time.
 It was not glowing at 13,000 feet. <<

If the 10-20 seconds duration was dark fall time...then how did your witness
see it...unless it was enormous? You stated that the witness saw it traveled
at "great speed" to the area of Flt. 800's demise. A fireball meteor at this
time of day is not gonna look like it has "great speed" to anyone. It's gonna
look Very Slow. I would think that a novice who is trying to make his story
match up with a meteor will  mistakenly state that it had "great speed".  For
the inexperienced meteor observer, the traditional impression of a meteor is
one with great speed...so any story of suspect to me would be one that states
it had great speed...like this one. I almost suspect that someday this story
will be modified and the "great speed" part will be deleted.

Lloyd>>Also regarding witnesses remember it was
 daylight. I believe you stated you never seen one in daylight. They certainly
 are not as spectacular.

No, I have never seen a daylight fireball personally. But I have read plenty
of testimony from those who have and seen a few that were video taped or
recorded on movie film during the day. The one over Montana in 1972 showed
people all with their heads turned following it. It looked quite spectacular.
Though this one was very much larger than the one that supposedly hit flt 800.
This and the others also left a very telling smoke train that endured for a
long time. I still think if a fireball was involved, it would be spectacular
enough to draw a lot more attention during the day than the flt 800 incident
apparently did.  Probably long enough for someone to go inside, grab a camera
and then take a picture of the train.  If they reacted like some folks have in
the past with bright daylight fireballs, they possibly could have been back in
time to photograph the plane burning while still in the air?
George Zay

Lloyd>>
 He described a white smoke trail behind the "object". He then reported that
in
 15-20 seconds the "object" disappears into a small flash of light, which he
 described in a sketch as the aircraft's initial explosion.

 He further reported, " The 'object' traveled a great distance and at great
 speed to the area of Flt 800's demise"<<