[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Dec 23/24 observations

Bob...and others...
I was out at the observatory last night(Dec 23/24) to observe. Had a hit and
miss nite with clouds. Did succeed in getting a little over 2 hours and only 8
meteors plotted. The best was the last one...a -2 sporadic. They all were
sporadics. Activity seemed slow. It was a very cold night...had to throw a
blanket over the sleeping bag with the electric blanket up high. Frost was all
over the place...about a half inch deep it seemed. The Monkey factor scale was
reading relatively high. This looks like my last night for meteor observing
for 1997. Looks like my total Teff hours will barely be over 202 hours with
2605 recorded meteors(Both Plotting and Counting methods) for 45 observing
nites. Also recorded 38 fireballs for the year. Overall, it was a relatively
slow year for me. This was mainly due to weather shutouts and full moon near
the Leonids and Geminid peaks. Hopefully I will do a little better next year
starting with the Quadrantids?

Oh Bob...I got your observing stuff you asked about. It's now at my house.
Will get it to you sometime before the Quadrantids strike. : )

George Zay