[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Quadrantids Jan. 2/3 - Greenbelt. MD

    I was lucky enough to have a partly clear morning this morning, and able
to get a couple of hours of meteor observing done before clouds moved in.
The Quadrantids showed only modest activity from Greenbelt, Maryland, but
haze and light pollution prevented the faint meteors from being seen. Still,
the transparency was better than 5.2 LM for both hours. From 8:15 to 10:15
UT I was able to see 20 Quadrantids, and 11 Sporadic meteors. The average
Quadrantid was 2.3 magnitude and blue-white in color. Below is more data.

   Time (UT)    LM     % Clouds   QUAD    SPO    Total
  08:15-09:15   5.2      15 %       6      4       10
  09:15-10:15   5.3       8 %      14      7       21

Happy New Year!
GWG