[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Cathy Hall is in S. Calif.

Just for those who have been following Cathy Hall's itiniary, I just spoke to
her and Bob  Lunsford and others on a cellular phone. Apparently Cathy made it
down here in fine shape. They were phoning from Temeculah, Calif...that's
about 1.5 hours north of San Diego and they were heading home. The
conversation was relatively short and cell phone conversations do cost a lot.
But Bob is a multi-millionaire and money is no object as well all know.
Anyhow, Bob said they ran into a lot of clouds and I believe rain during the
quadrantid peak...but the sky did clear up for the last hour before dawn on
jan 2/3. Bob recorded forty something Quads during that hour. Cathy I believe
said around 28? My highest hour was 17. Oh well...don't know what their LM's
were and so forth? It's currently raining cats and dogs in sunny california.
It's suppose to be mostly sunny tomorrow...figures. Bob and I will show Cathy
around at the observatory and local area tomorrow. That's about it...dot cathy
seems to be doing fine...well that's my version anyhow.
George Zay