[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: 1998 Quadrantid Obser. ZAYGE

Hi George,

You have had better luck then we did. We are experiencing several dyas
with a strong gail last days. Last night we had a windforce 10 beaufort
scale heavy storm, the maximum night we had 9 beaufort and only clearings
of stamp size. And anyhow, I don't like observing during a full storm: it
takes only one roofing tile to end your career.
Yet, Carl Johannink at the Dutch/german border could do some 50 minutes
of observing during the maximum, using his appartement complex as a
massive windbreak.

I have been able to do some observing on the night January 2/3 though,
but only 40 minutes effective (...). Will report on that later.

-Marco Langbroek