limiting magnitude was bad at lower elevations:

Date: Jan 03, Begin: 14:50 UT (04:50 Hawaii time) End: 16:06 UT.
Observer: KUNWR (Werfried Kuneth), Clouds: none.
Location: Long:156o Lat: 20N, Elev: 5m (Kona Coast St. Park, Big
Island, Hawaii. Method: Counting visual shower and non-shower meteors.

  Period(UT) Field(RA/Dec) Teff   LM   QUAD Other  TOT remarks
  1450-1550  11h40´/33o    .95    6.0   17   5      22
  1553-1606       "        .21   5->4    5   3       8 starting twilight
                          1.16          22   8      30

Have no magnitude distribution and speed estimations recorded. After
the start of the first obs. session, there was a brief burst of
faint meteors, where 5 Quadrantids showed up within some 20 seconds,
quite some surprise. Time: about 15:00 UT.

Of course, I could not resist and made parallel radio observation in
FM by listening to KPOI in Honolulu at 97.5 Mhz, using the car radio.
Got more meteors by radio than visual but counted only the visual
part this time.

Werfried.