[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Kennewick, Wash Description

My wife's grandmother tells about a meteorite that fell in Dyersburg,
Tennessee in the summer of 1940 that reminded me much of the woman in
Kennewick, Washington's description.

They were sitting outside in the early evening when a ball of fire came
over leaving a trail as wide as a highway.  She said it landed in a
field a short distance from their neighborhood.  She never took time to
go look at it, but one of her neighbors told her that it was oblong and
sticking out of the ground in the field.

Who knows now if it was there or not?  I will do some research on my
next trip to Dyersburg.