[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) some meteors reported

Lloyd>> Kevin: I agree with you about meteors going dark. I talked the
witneses who
 said she saw it hit the water. She still says it was still a slight glow when
 it hit the water.<<

A meteor would either be glowing brightly or not at all. Haven't seen any in-
betweeners yet.

Lloyd>> I talked to a couple others who saw it  one
 woman said it split into two pieces. It was reported that a United Airlines
 pilot saw it also  There are several stories. They are sendimg me the
 newspaper article.<<

If it was big enough to be seen as a dark object, I'd think it would leave one
heck of a large telling hole somewhere in the aircraft? The hole would seem
easily recognizable as something unusual wouldn't it? Like wouldn't there be a
big hole puncturing the aircraft skin with the edges pointing towards the
interior? More anecdotal stories it seems you have. No proof...

 Lloyd>>We should remember the the public are so ignorant about meteors they
don't
 know what to believe or what they are seeing. I blame our media because they
 do not give meteors the publicity they deserve.

 I agree with you here. This is were the variety of stories arise from. Such
as the part of the "meteor having a slight glow when it hit the water". Sounds
like an individuals interpretation of what they think a falling meteor should
look like?

GeoZay