[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: (meteorobs) some meteors reported

<<I'd think it would leave one heck of a large telling hole somewhere
in the aircraft? The hole would seem easily recognizable as something unusual
wouldn't it? >> Geo. Again, I was referring to the meteor over Kennewick,
Washington on Jan. 8, 1998

Geo: Since you brought up Flt 800 there is about 1,400 holes in the aircraft.
But they will not let me look at the a/c. Reportedly 40-60 holes of the holes
are about like the end of a pencil. There is reportedly a larger hole at
Fuselage Station (FS) 1480.

The plane was pressured to about 2.3 PSI. In the last two (2) seconds of
recording the flight data recorder (FDR) readings were effected by an external
pressure which we assume to be the shock wave from the sonic boom.

In my opinion the combination of the holes and the shock wave was enough to
cause an explosive decompression and subsequent explosions. These explosions
coupled with the a/c falling 13,700 feet and hitting the water makes it very
difficult to analyse the wreckage.

I cannot find any airline experts that believe the center fuel tank (CWT)
explosion was the initial cause of the accident. It is believed that the CWT
explosion would require an outside source of ignition.

Only the FBI interviewed the eye-witnesses, evidently looking for evidence of
a missile or a bomb (both have been discounted). The witnesses I talked to
were not interviewed again even though they volunteered. The National
Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) should interview these people again. They
may be surprised what they may find.

Lloyd