[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: some meteors reported

<<I find this extremely interesting about this alleged lake-meteor
thing!  What was the location of this incident, and did anyone take any
pictures or drawing of the object?

Jonathan:
I believe there is so much  skepticism about meteors that the public is not
too interested. They don't want to be classed as a flying saucer nut. I find
that many in the AMS are extremely doubtful of any reports.

I also find that most meteorites are only reported locally or not reported at
all. In this case It was not written up in any newspaper. They still believe
it is still in the pond. It is about 30 miles from my home here in Kansas
City, Missouri. I have talked to the person that owns the pond (3 acres) and
when the the water level gets lower he will be checking to see what he can
find. He plans to use a magnet and probe. Any other suggestions would be
apprecicated,

Lloyd Mielke