[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) The Appalachian NAMN Conference, 1998!

Hi Everyone!!

Well, as some of you are aware, on Saturday Jan 24,1998 there was an
IRC chat, and on that chat an idea was born, and seemed to  flourish
on its on.

I have talked to Mark, and he said go ahead and post the idea, and
see what people think about it.

In July, the week of July 11-19, there is a conference hosted by the
SARA Society ( Soceity of Amateur Radio Astronomers), that I will be
attended on July 12-15 ( this is members only), but this is where the
idea begins. The conference will be held at Greenbank, West Virginia.

Since last year, there was talk of the East-Central  Coast NAMN
members getting together. I just suggested, why don't we all meet
around the same time , pick a location and hang out for the week, and
chat about everything under the stars and meteors.

The idea has been planted, July 11-19 ( though most have to be back
at work by the 20th), we meet near Greenbank West Virginia or another
area, which ever is best for all. We hang and meet each other.

Book your holidays, because its going to be a Great time.

Lets discuss, when and where to meet so we can get organized.

I will be getting some information on camping sites today, and will
post the viable spots, depending on the location selected.

Think of summertime, and holidays

Kim

Moonlight Cascade
44.28.28N 76.29.45W