[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Possible New Radiant?

=====================
Hello George!

This is Pierre Martin from Ottawa (NEW on the mailling list!). I did not
observe too much lately (not since early December before Geminid peak).
It's been cloudy all the time and the temperature just too unbearable
waaaaay up here in Canada. However, intrigued, I checked the location of
the suspect radiant you reported for your Jan 27/28 session. I compared
this area with my plotted radiant charts that include several minor
showers. Here is a possibility:

I found the target position to coincide very closely to the radiant of
the Coma Berenicids for this specific date. Coma Ber. members are swift
(65km/s).The shower activity is long lasting(12/12-1/23). Since the peak
occured Dec 19, I would imagine any remaining activity to be very weak in
late January. The shower is a minor one even at maximum. So 5 suspect
members in 7 hours is actually a high number for a shower that should be
nearly if not completely inactive by now! (If this is the case of
course!)

I hope to get clear skies and more tolerable temperature this weekend and
observe!

Pierre