[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Flash observation Jan31/Feb1

Hi all,
	Just wanted to post that conditions were marvelous (for NJ) last night, and I managed 3.72 hours Teff. The LM was better than 5.7; I have only reached that level 3 times in 47 observing sessions so far in my meteoric career here in one of the light pollution capitals of the world. So it was rather fun, despite the cold....about 20F, -6C. It was rather active between 0100 and 0200 LST (0500-0600 UT), then activity subsided during the night. I haven't done any analysis, since one of my goals was to plot activity from Gliba's proposed Xi Bootids, and I do not want to contaminate my mind....at this point I have no idea which is Xi in Bootes. My FOV was ESE @ 70 deg, which allowed Bootes to drift through during the night, while still monitoring activity from the ecliptic Virginids (or FLE's :->) and during the first part of the night, keep an eye on the DMS's aHy's. Since it may be clear tonight, and this is the last possible clear night during this lunar window, I have foregone shower association until after tonight. Several other interesting meteor intersections occurred, but without analysis, I cannot judge whether any are signifigant.
	Summary for the night;
	3.72 Teff, LM 5.73 29 meteors (28 plotted).

	So ' there should be some good info here after the clouds return...

Wayne