[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireball in Michagan?

Greetings Sally:

There were no showers reported in or near Michigan at the dates indicated.  However, the absence of a meteorite shower does not preclude the notion that the object which struck the pond is a meteorite.  I urge you that if at all possible to extract the object, or a portion thereof, as it could be scientifically valuable and/or worth a considerable sum of money.

Good luck,

Darryl Pitt
Curator of the Macovich Collection of Meteorites