[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Introduction

My name is Russell Altersitz.  I am a trained biologist working as a
project manager for a systems consulting firm.

My interests vary but usually relate to my love of science and my awe of
the universe.  I have a beautiful wife and three children.  I like to
expose my children to natural phenomena and we have an annual trek to try
and watch the Perseids meteor showers in August.  On Sunday, February 8,
1998 my oldest daughter and I saw an Iridium satellite flare.  I was baffled by
the sighting and began research on the net.  I got my answer and it led me
to meteorobs.

I am hoping to learn better observation techniques as well as hints on
upcoming astronomical events.  As indicated by Jean Millot in his response
to me about the flare, I live in a very small town.  However, this town is located
in the middle of the megalopolis between New York and Washington DC.  We
contend with enormous light and air pollution even in our little rural community.

Thanks,

Russell