[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) CALL FOR OBSERVATIONS: Gegenschein

[This fascinating(!) message forwarded by permission, with editing:]

Dear Mr. Gramer,

I thank you for your information [regarding 'meteorobs' and gegenschein
observations]. I would be very grateful if you posted a message to the "meteor
observing mailing list".

We are interested in contacting people who have conducted or currently conduct
observations of the Gegenschein. If you can, please forward this message to any
all such potential observers.

We are interested in any observations (visual, photographic, etc.) of the
Gegenschein during of the past century, conducted from any point on the Earth's
surface. We are creating a computer database on Gegenschein, to support future
research on the possible correlation between Gegenschein and cometary and
meteoroid stream activity.

Therefore, any observation are interesting to us, even simple visual
observations - for a large number of such observations can potentially have
scientific value.

We are also especially interested in photographic observations. For us a
photographic image will be interesting, if there is a graphic computer file of
the image negative, with resolution not less than 600 dpi. We can process such
images to calculate the exact coordinates of Gegenschein.

Certainly each image should include information on the date, location and time
of observation. We would be very happy if you or any of your subscribers would
agree to participate in our project.

  Yurij Gorbanev
  Odessa, Ukraine