[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) David McCarter's Posting on Probabilities of REALLY BIG fireballs.

>The Jin Zhu team at BAO Schmidt Observatory in Bejiing just
>discovered the 107th most potentionally dangerous NEO on Feb
>9th, 1998.

Just a short aside: Jin is actually a new subscriber to our list. Welcome
again, and congratulations on your team's discovery!

One other aside: this issue seems to have generated a great deal of
interest on 'meteorobs' lately. Would you, the subscribers consider it too
much of a departure from our topic (meteor observing) to invite more of the
professional parties in the NEO scientific endeavor to participate on our
list?

Let's have discussion within the list about this before deciding anything:
all supporting comments, suggestions, and objections welcome.

Clear skies,
Lew <owner-meteorobs@latrade.com>