[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Iridium Flares

Hi All,
well I saw my first I-flare last night (Mag 0)...in fact, adjourned the NJAA Bd of Governors meeting for 10 minutes to drag everyone outside) and I agree, that after seeing one, it would be impossible to mistake it for a meteor. Still a great event to watch! And I would urge all beginning meteor observers to try and see at least one... since an inexeperienced person would be most likely to be fooled. Actually, I think I could find myself addicted to them, much as I am to seeing MIR on any pass...although MIR is more of a mental thing, proud of the fact that humans have been up on that bucket o' bolts for over a decade....I always wave :->

Wayne