[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Feb 14/15 obs. LANMA

Hello everybody,

Valentine's day 1998 was the warmest of this century. Nighttime
temperatures should be -1, but were near +10, even 5 degrees above the
average daytime temperature for this time of the year: ridiculous!
Warm weather in February usually sounds trouble: haze and fog. Indeed,
saturday evening was hazy, yet just good enough for observing during the
first moonless hour of the evening. I had a Lm of +6.1 in the zenith, but
decreasing towards horizon. Due to the haze, the sky remained quit
'bright', especially in the direction towards the village. Yet, I enjoyed
this short session which was relaxing. Meteor activity remained modest
however: 9 meteors in 1.12 hours.

-Marco Langbroek

date: February 14/15
loc.: Voorschoten, the Netherlands, 4d 28' E, 52d 07' N

UT            Teff   Lm    dLeo  Vir  Spo    TOTAL
19:20-20:30   1.12   6.1    2     1     6     9