[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fireballs o' Doom (was Re: (meteorobs)http://www.flatoday.com/space/today/

Lew<<
 "The smoke trail is an indication that the object was quite big and
 strong," Revelle said. "Over the globe we see objects that are about a
 meter across an average of only 12 times a year."  >>

Well...going by Norton's book, "Rocks From Space", the estimate of 24,000
meteorites of 4 ounces to 20 lbs/ year hitting the earth seems to make about
12 meteorites of a meter across/ year is about what's expected? I think folks
are just becoming more aware of a normal meteorite activity thru a better
worldwide communications system?
George Zay