[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fireballs o' Doom (was Re: (meteorobs)http://www.flatoday.com/space/today/

Victor<<
 Hi George Zay You remember Dr. Doug ReVelle, the lead meteorologist at Los
Alamos Labs in
 New Mexico, I think Doug knows and is aware of a normal meteorite activity.
 If he says activity is not normal people usually listen up. Remember the El
 Paso bolide, It was Doug the headed up the team from around the world that
 investigated that event. I believe I received some email from you at that
 time about Peter Brown having been on his team. I am trying to get a hold
 of Doug so he can expand on this story in Florida Today Space On-Line.
 Editor Mark DeCotis" mdecotis@flatoday.infidot net is a very reliable source.

Yes Victor I know who Doug Revelle is. I also know newspapers like to
exaggerate the story a little to get it's readers attention. I believe  that
article also suggested  Hale Bopp might have been dropping some meteorites?
Sounds like an exaggeration to me? Sure the fireball sightings are exciting
because lots of folks saw them. I didn't notice anything from the article that
was really informative....just more speculation. More of a newspaper article
to gain attention than pass info around. I believe Doug Revelle is on the
Astronomy mailing list? Did you try posting a message there for him to see?
George Zay