[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) http://www.flatoday.com/space/today/021698f.htm

<rant mode on>
I finally looked at this article...so much misinformation I wanted to call
them up and Bopp them. U of Denver astronomer Robert Stencel suggested the
earth may be getting pelted with pieces of the Hale Bopp Comet, ignoring
the fact that the orbit of Hale Bopp is not near the earth's and cometary
material is friable and highly unlikely to make it to the ground. Also,
they several of the people quoted insisted that every one of the fireballs
"crashed into the ground" Tripe. It's bad enough the popular press is so
ignorant, but to quote astronomers who are not aware of the facts just gets
my goat.
<rant mode off>

And there my friends is my humble opinion.

Wayne